Friday, November 14, 2008

Constant

Constant
What is a constant? If one looks in a dictionary, he will see that a constant is said to be something that is unchanging or invariable. Well, in college, I have learned about constants, but there is one Constant, in particular, that I have learned alot about. I have learned how this Constant can do things against the so-called "definition"... this Constant can CHANGE a view on life.
In my chemistry class, I have learned about many different constants! Sometimes, I think a little too many(mainly because I don't like memorizing all of them!). One of these constants is Plancks constant (h), which is used in the equation E=h*v. Another is Boltzmann's constant (k), which is used in the equation S=k*ln(W). Both of these numbers never change regardless of what amounts are placed into the other variables. These numbers are constants.
Plancks constant (h)=6.626*10^-34 J-S
Boltzmann's constant (k)=1.38*10^-23 J/K
Right now in my life, many things are changing. I'm growing up, and I can't slow it down. I'm at college right now, and before I realize it, I will be done with college. Also, many other things in the world are changing. People are loosing jobs, the economy is falling, and the United States of America just elected a president whose slogan was "Change!" So... I can't help but be kinda scared about what will happen as I go on living my life day to day. But, there is always something that comforts me when I think about change, and that is a Constant. You see, no matter how much my life will change in the future, there will ALWAYS be a Constant to have! There will always be something in my life that does not change! This Constant will always be there for me no matter how crazy the world gets. This Constant will never leave me no matter how crazy I get. This Constant will always love me!
You see, now when I look at my future not knowing what will happen, I don't get scared. Why? Because I have a Constant that will always be there for me! This Constant made me CHANGE the way I looked at life. Who is my Constant?
My Constant= God